tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.0_pre4 prerelease

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.0_pre4 prerelease
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:46:14 +0100

As a lot of work has been done on tlf in last weeks it seems time to
make a new prerelease of the coming tlf-1.2.0. Besides a lot of
internal cleanup the cabrillo code get finished an we got a bunch of
contributions from Ervin HA2OS, Fred DH5FS and Nate N0NB. See teh
details below.

The final 1.2.0 has still some things to do (I hope to finish it in
until end of January). So please test the prerelease and report bugs.

You can find the prepackaged file at

http://www.hs-mittweida.de/tb/tlf-1.2.0_pre4.tar.gz

Besides some fixed bugs it's main new features (see also the NEWS file)
are:

New feature:
    The new CABRILLO handling (see doc/README.cabrillo for details) got
    finished. It supports CABRILLO v3 now.

    The exchange field can be edited the same way as the call input
    field.

    We have a reworked autosend feature which allows to speed up your
    RUN mode operation. After you typed in a number of characters from
    the opponents call sign tlf starts sending its call. You can go on
    typing in the complete call. As soon as the CW output catches your
    typing tlf jumps to the excahnge field and send your exchange
    automatically. To activate the feature use ':char' command and
    choose the number of characters after that tlf should start
    autosend (2..5). Shorter calls have to finished by <enter> key as
    before. Try it.

    Thanks to Ervin HA2OS we have an actual cty.dat file and a new
    callmaster database.

    Fred DH5FS provided a standard 'help.txt' file. It can be
    overwritten with your own one in working directory.

    Fred further provided code to allow you to specify portnumbers for
    LAN-stations via ADDNODE command.

!ATTENTION! As with all tlf-1.2 version be aware that it will convert
your old (PRE TLF-1.2.X) log files to the new format. So back them up of
before trying use the new version.

Feedback is highly welcome.

Main things left to do before tlf-1.2.0 are:

- cleaning up old code around the ORION rig and keyer
- fix control of cw weighting
- incorporate the new contest code for steveperry and wag from Ervin

73 es gd DX in 2014,

        de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"