tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 21:06:40 +0100

Hello Ed,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 02:01:27PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> On 12/30/2013 01:42 PM, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> >Hi Ervin,
> >

> >Am Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:40:02 +0100
> >schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
> >
> >>Note, these are just proposals, may be these aren't bugs.
> >>
> >>* point calculating
> >>   At last weekend I made the RAC. On RAC all VE/VA station worth
> >>   10 points, any other does 2 points. My config was:
> >>
> >>   COUNTRYLIST=VE
> >>   TWO_POINTS
> >>   COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS=10
> >>   (and there is a file with name VE, which contains all canadian
> >>   prefixes)
>
> The VE exchange was provinces, not prefixes.

I think that doesn't matter in this case. The value of the
COUNTRYLIST parameter should be "CANADA", and then I touched a file
with name "CANADA" :)

> >that will need a serious look into it. The scoring logic
> >(especially with COUNTRY_LIST set) is complex and somewhat fragile. The
> >whole score.c needs a serious overhaul. My main concern is to get some
> >test cases to make sure we do not break other contests scoring.
> >

> >I am not sure about these idea. Normally you use some bandwidth setting
> >for a contest as you find it useful. Sometimes you have a situation on
> >some bands where you temporarily want to widen (or narrowing) the
> >bandwidth. If you finally change the band you get your default settings
> >again.
> >What do others think about that feature?
>
> I don't use this feature at all. I can select bandwidth at the rig
> with a turn of the knob.

and what's happening when you switch the band? The filter(s) keeps
the value(s) which you had been set manually, or goes to the
least value?

What is your RIG model?

thanks, and 73:

Ervin