tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] After WAEDC

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] After WAEDC
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 07:13:04 +0200

Hi Fred and Ervin,

Am Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:25:14 +0200
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden>:

> > Also bandmap
> > produced at times 4 identical calls like "KD4D 1" at 0.1KHz spacing
> > from RBN spots because they were not
> > recognized as identical call.
>
> yes, same issue here - I'll fix that too.
> To test the bandmap code is the hardest task, because the bandmap
> info is can't controlled by myself :).

as the bandmap code was written by me maybe I can help.

I am not quite sure if I understand the problem. Are KD4D displayed
four times at the same time? Or did the reported frequency jumps in 0.1
kHz steps in short order?

Sure, if stations are reporting different frequencies for a station in
their spots, we have to decide how to handle. There may be some
different reasons for different frequencies - see some of the reasons
below:

- The reporting station have a wide filter and did not tune in
  correctly to the worked station.

- The reporting stations have different oscillator references resulting
  in different ideas about the real frequency.

- The reported station has really changed frequency.

So the code gives some tolerance to the reported spots (atm 0.1 kHz)
and report all a station within that range as the same spot. If the
reported frequency differs more than 0.1 kHz it assumes the station has
changed frequency and are added as new to the list. But it should
normally drop the old one.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"