tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Counties to state mult

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Counties to state mult
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 13:30:47 -0500

I am getting ready for the KS QSO Party next weekend and so far I think
Tlf will work just fine.  As an in-state participant I have a total of
64 mults available to me--50 US states including Kansas where I reside,
13 Canadian provinces, and DX.  Out of state participants have 105
Kansas counties as their multipliers.  For them life would be rather
simple using WYSIWYG_ONCE.

For me it is not so simple as even when we in-state stations work each
other, we give the three letter county abbreviation as the exchange,
e.g. I give "599 MSH" and may receive "599 JOH".  No matter, these
exchanges only count for one mult, KS.  However, Tlf treats them as
additional mults as it has no way of being told to consider them as one
mult.

So this is an enhancement request.  As I see it, perhaps an additional
file option can be added where from either the file name or the first
non comment line in the file the multiplier for which all of the strings
that follow should be counted.

As an example, the file format could be as follows:

# Mult for which these strings count
KS

# County abbreviations
ALL
AND
ATC
BAR
.
.
.

Also, does the exchange input field call a validation function for the
entered string when a mult file is given in the rules file?  It seems to
me that it doesn't.  It may be a nice feature if it did and if no mult
file is given, then the exchange field becomes free form and no
validation is done.

Thoughts?

73, Nate