tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Serial number exchange in tlf

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Serial number exchange in tlf
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 22:13:33 +0200

Hi Heiko,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 10:26:45PM +0200, hvoigt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to automatically fill in the serial number in the
> exchange field?

based on your e-mail, my question is: which exchange field did
you mean?

> Or is the field in front of the callsign supposed to be
> that field?

that's _your_ exchange, which you (need) to send.

The "received" exchange field is right to the callsign field.

Tlf fills it automatically in some cases (eg. CQWW, other contest
where the exchange is some zone), but you can make an
initial_exchange list, which you can pass to Tlf. If Tlf found a
callsign in that list, then fills the exchange field, eg. DARC
XMAS, DARC Easter-egg, ARRL-DX, IARU HF champ, and so many
others.

> In that case what should the effect of LONG_SERIAL and
> SHORT_SERIAL be? It seems that it does not have any effect.

SHORT_SERIAL will send the shortest form of numbers, eg. 9 -> N,

73, Ervin
HA2OS