top10-devel

Re: [Top10-devel] CVS changes

From: Johann Deneux
Subject: Re: [Top10-devel] CVS changes
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:51:09 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Johann Deneux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a small notice to let you know I made changes to the CVS
> tree. "Nothing worth announcing", you may say. Except that these latest
> changes make the game segfault. So if you want to try the game, grab the
> previous version:
> http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/top10/top10.tar.gz

The latest CVS should now work better. It seems the game segfaults
sometimes when sound is enabled. If that's the case, the -ns switch can be
used to disable it.
New features:
- Kart is not a single rigid body any longer. Wheels are attached to the
body by springs.
- Wheel/Interaction changed. The load value comes from the springs,
now. Before, it came from the pressure from the road on the tyres.
- As a result, the time step has been increased to 3 ms. This leaves more
cpu time free for more Karts to be simulated at the same time. More code
optimisations/cleaning should allow for more free time to be freed.
- Playback speed. Can be changed using switch -sf <n>
(SlowFactor) or during game with keys p and m.

--
Johann Deneux