re: Problems with the Socks option of NewsAgent 1.05

From: HipCrime
Subject: re: Problems with the Socks option of NewsAgent 1.05
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:26:06 GMT

Hi ServerSeeker ...

There are Socks4 and Socks4A servers, and the difference is that
Socks4 will only accept IP addresses and Socks4A will take domain
names too.  What are you using as your post server?  Did you give
a domain name?  Try looking it up first, and putting the IP addr
into the POST server field in NewsAgent (v1.05).  In other words,
instead of using News.Chello.AT as your post server, use its IP
address of 195.34.133.35.

Please respond here after you try it, to say whether or not that
worked for you.  Thanks.

V1.06 will have SOCKS proxy chaining, for even better anonymity.

   ... HipCrime