toutdoux-announce

[ToutDoux-announce] uncannily

From: Rupert Carey
Subject: [ToutDoux-announce] uncannily
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:20:48 +0200

The man, assisted by the officer, lifted Scarlett to the stretcher. From theSergeants questions it was evident Scarlett was not at home.
Remain in the drawing-room for the time being, he said.
Vance abandoned hislounging demeanor and sat up.
And she feared all the time that it was Salveter. He pushed open the great steel door ofthe museum. We shouldhave heard about that letter by now.
He came, so Brushsays, at about eight, and must have departed unobserved.
Salveters puzzlement gave way to astonishment.
And I want you to go withoutquestion or argument. Markham stood bending forward like a person paralyzed in the midstof an action.
He began reading slowly: Beloved ofAmûn, I stop here until comes the brother of my mother.
I wanted Blissto plant other clews against his victim and perhaps give us someworkable evidence.
Well wait a while andphone him there again. Ill phone the hospital later, Markham said to Vance. Especially in view of the excavations of the Harvard-BostonExpedition at the Gizeh pyramids.
But Icould not distinguish anything that was said.
Heevidently wanted to talk to Salveter alone. Hadan appointment at nine with a guy at his apartment, and the guysstill waiting for him.
You have not seen either Doctor Bliss or Mr.
I would have seen him had he come up-stairs after dinner, theEgyptian replied softly.
Scarlett go into the museum when he arrived at eight? Ive been thinkin about Queen Hetep-hir-es and the Boston Museum. He hasnt a private phone, and I dontknow the number of the house exchange.
And the last you saw of him was when he was approaching the studydoor? Salveter started to make a reply, changed his mind, and, turningabruptly, strode rapidly away. Salveters puzzlement gave way to astonishment. He wasglum and depressed, and his greeting was little more than a gutturalrumble.
And howdid this letter get in Scarletts pocket? Remain in the drawing-room for the time being, he said. Something in Vances tone senta chill through me.
And you believe he is ignorant of its having been torn up and putin the doctors waste-basket?
I was inthe drawing-room when Brush admitted him.
Ill phone the hospital later, Markham said to Vance.