toutdoux-announce

[ToutDoux-announce] association

From: Hatty Clay
Subject: [ToutDoux-announce] association
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:02:45 +0300

Besides well be luckyif we find some one to do it. Why, Id be so frightened I wouldnt knowwhat to do. He might resent it as an insult to his character as areputable physician.
Again she paused, unable to proceed, shading from white to red andback as she spoke. If I should be mistaken for him, or be taken for hiscousin or relative, well, then the jigs up. Besides well be luckyif we find some one to do it. And yet he really must, although perhapsnot so abruptly.
I only bought this place about a yearand a half ago.
In consequence henow asked: Well, now what seems to be the trouble, Mrs.
Butyouve been here longer than I have, I guess, and so I thought Imight ask you. And although Short was still surprised he was more thanpleased to be as helpful as he could. Indeed, as at first, his mannerremained seeking and not a little sycophantic at times.
Theres something Ive beenwanting to ask you about. And he was not going with her to makeit easier for her.
Butyouve been here longer than I have, I guess, and so I thought Imight ask you. You seem tome to be a strong, healthy girl.
He wouldprobably not be able to bring himself to speak to Short to-night.
Ordinarily it was hiscustom to advise immediate and unconditional marriage. Theres something Ive beenwanting to ask you about.
But Iknow that sort of thing is going on all the time, so you might try.
No doctors going to think anything much of your coming to him,especially if youre alone.
Besides, hed feel a lot sorrier for you than he would for me.
I only bought this place about a yearand a half ago.
Butyouve been here longer than I have, I guess, and so I thought Imight ask you. But even as she said this she began to feel that she might, andeven would, go alone, if must be. I thought I could justbefore I came in, but now that I am here and I see you . It wouldbe so much better if we could go at night. What reasoncould a young married woman have for being so intensely shy andnervous? Im too well known aroundhere, and besides I look too much like Gilbert and hes known toeverybody.
And yet, as he argued with himself, how could the occasion ever bemore satisfactory? And then you wont have your conscienceto deal with afterwards, either. Glenn got up, his face a study of troubled and yetconservative caution and sympathy.
But unfortunately, so hisstory was to run, this had already failed to work. For answer now Roberta merely shook her head negatively andcontinued to cry. Youre not going to getcold feet now, are you? Tell me, he added curiously at this point, does your husband knowof this?
You dont want to lose your nerve nowthat were here, do you? If I should be mistaken for him, or be taken for hiscousin or relative, well, then the jigs up.