toutdoux-list

[ToutDoux-list] Re: (no subject)

From: mathieu
Subject: [ToutDoux-list] Re: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:54:26 +0200 (MEST)

comme ça tirait une drole de gueule dans l'archive, je renvoie initpgsql-
first_time.sh

#!/bin/sh
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

SNAME="initpgsql-first_time"
SVER="14 oct 2001"

# configuration

PGSQLUSER="postgres"
INITTAB="/etc/inittab"

# functions

    # infos
    function version {
        echo "$SNAME - $SVER"
        echo ""
        echo "Copyright (c) 2001 Mathieu ROY <address@hidden>"
        echo "This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE."
    }

    # work
    function check_pgsqluser {
        # what is the pgsql user ?
        echo "Is \`$PGSQLUSER\` the name of the posgreSQL admin user ? (y/n)"
        read ECHO
        # if the var PGSQLUSER is not well defined, question the user
        if [ "$ECHO" != "y" ] ; then
            echo "Type the name of the posgreSQL admin user:"
            read PGSQLUSER
            check_pgsqluser
        fi
    }
    function update_inittab {
        # update /etc/inittab ($INITTAB) to get postmaster started at station
init
        # check if user want this
        echo "Should I add an entry in $INITTAB so the station start postgreSQL
at init ? (y/n)"
        read ECHO
        if [ "$ECHO" == "y" ] ; then
            # make a backup
            cp -f $INITTAB $INITTAB.$SNAME.old
            # update $INITTAB
            echo "# added by $SNAME, on `date` ; start pgsql at boot time" >>
$INITTAB
            echo "pg:2345:respawn:/bin/su - $PGSQLUSER -c \"postmaster\"" >>
$INITTAB
        fi
    }
    function start_pgsql {
        su $PGSQLUSER -c "postmaster" &
    }
    function initdb_pgsql {
        # database init
        su $PGSQLUSER -c "initdb"
    }
    function createuser_pgsql {
        # get normal user ID
        echo "Type the name of a normal user (neither root or $PGSQLUSER that
should use postgreSQL ? (basically, should be your proper user)"
        read CUSER
        echo "Now, postgreSQL will question you 2 times."
        echo "To use toutdoux, your user should be able to create database."
        echo "To use toutdoux, your user dont need to be allowed to create more
users."
        su $PGSQLUSER -c  "createuser $CUSER"

        echo "Do you want creating another one user ? (y/n)"
        read ECHO
        if [ "$ECHO" == "y" ] ; then
            createuser_pgsql
        fi