tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] new features I would like to implement

From: Paul Makepeace
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] new features I would like to implement
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:32:28 -0800

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:57:11PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> 1) dbm authentication driver. I can write the basic support for db3 so that
> it may access a dbm file for authentication.

If you use the perl interpreter you'll have access to DB_File.pm and
BerkeleyDB.pm. The latter implements a large chunk of the Berkeley DB
{2-4} API as I understand it which would allow pretty fine grained
control, not that you probably need it but still :-).

Perhaps Python has something similar...

> people will use db3 (or should I assume db2)? I haven't used gdbm much, but I
> assume if I stick with the simple parts of the API I will be OK.

From address@hidden Wed Jan 30 09:05:14 2002
        by beth.esc.cam.ac.uk (8.12.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id g0U95C2P004159;
        Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:05:12 GMT