tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss] ldap auth problems

From: jh
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss] ldap auth problems
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 09:39:09 +0300

Hello all.

>> How do your users log in will depend on how you search.  Can you
>> give me an example of how the users log in?
Login  process

I'm trying to get users authenticated with only (uid=username)
nothing else, regardless anything else, not for examble address@hidden.
Only (uid=*)  is given when users login into mailserver.

Ldap is working because i authenticate exim users with ldap and
it works.

>> Can you manually do a search with this?

Ok, here is my ldapsearch result, manual search works fine.

ldapsearch -b ou=users,dc=domain,dc=com "(uid=john)"

search works with this too, of course.

ldapsearch -b dc=domain,dc=com "(uid=john)"

search result.

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=users,dc=domain,dc=com> with scope sub
# filter: (uid=john)
# requesting: ALL
#

# john, users, domain.com