tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] mysql4 compile problem

From: Jakob Hirsch
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] mysql4 compile problem
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:52:48 +0200

Donovan Craig wrote:

> I looked in the configure script and noticed that it defaults to
> /usr/include and /usr/lib.

Still talking about tpop3d 1.5.1? The configure from a freshly fetched
archive contains:

mysql_include_dir="/usr/include/mysql"
mysql_lib_dir="/usr/lib/mysql"

just as the help says.

> I tried adding the these but when I did it tpop3d didn't find the
> files. I know it is definitely  finding the files. It just can't use
> the mysql_init function.

I don't know what changed from mysql 3 to 4, but maybe tpop3d is just not
ready for mysql4 (Chris?). Nevertheless it should run fine if you still have
to mysql3 libs and includes on your system.