tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d, version 1.5.1

From: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d, version 1.5.1
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:19:07 +0100

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 02:24:02AM +0200, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Chris Lightfoot wrote:
>
> > (Thinking of which, there should probably be a timeout in
> > reading passphrases. I suspect I'm the only person who
> > actually uses key passphrases anyway, given the number of
> > programs which don't support a -P type option....)
>
> well, there is little use for a passphrase if you write it plain in an init
> file.

no, -P means `read a passphrase from the terminal'. If no
-P is given, no attempt is made to read a passphrase.

> >> - (Unrelated to this particular release)
> >> auth_mysql seems not to be used at all if the username has no domain
    [...]

I'll write another email about this later.

> >> - IGNORE_CCLIENT_METADATA should be undefined if MBOX_BSD is
> >> undefined. (any harm if not?)
> > Hmm. At the moment the only effect is to generate a
> > warning when compiling maildir.c. Your suggestion is
> > noted.
>
> at least there is a difference in the size of the compiled binary.

I doubt it. It compiles in some extra code -- about three
lines -- in mailspool.c, but it's never referenced in
maildir.c.

--
``The English people are like the English beer--
  froth on top, dregs at the bottom; the middle, excellent.'' (Voltaire)