tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop unable to handle load

From: Richard Stockton
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop unable to handle load
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:41:29 -0700

At 06:13 PM 9/8/2004, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> It appears that "seq" is supposed to be a builtin command in bash2,
> but mine doesn't seem to have it. [sigh]  Any substitute?

-- don't think so -- here it's part of GNU shellutils.

    `perl -e 'print "$_\n" foreach (1 .. 101);'`

is a workable substitute.

Alternatively

    i=0
    while [ i -lt 101 ] ; do
        ... &
        i=$[ $i + 1 ]
    done

I keep trying, but to no avail...

bash-2.05b# i=0
bash-2.05b# while [ i -lt 101 ] ; do
> /usr/local/bin/ncat localhost 110 &
> done
bash: [: i: integer expression expected

I must admit that I use tcsh, not bash, so maybe that's my problem.
However, I am pretty good in perl, and I can't make that one work
either. [sigh]

Apparently I am unable to run this diagnostic.  Any other ideas?
TIA again.