tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss]Quota exceeded + dotfile locking

From: Jarek Koszuk
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss]Quota exceeded + dotfile locking
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:36:49 +0100

Hi!

I've just encountered the following problem: when user has quota exceeded
(or filesystem, where his mbox mailbox resides is full) it is impossible
for him to get or delete his emails. I know, that the solution for this
problem is to use tpop3d compiled with dotfile-locking disabled. But
in some cases, recompilation is not an option :(

I thought, it would be useful to have an option to turn off using
dotfile-locking.

The attached patch addresses this problem. It introduces configuration
option "mailspool-no-dotfile-locking" that allows disabling dotfile-locking
without the need for recompilation.

Jarek