tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss]Problems with mysql_init

From: Kevin Bonner
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss]Problems with mysql_init
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:09:03 -0400

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 15:49, Grant wrote:
> Hello list,
> I am trying to install TPOP3D on a RHFC2 system with MySQL 4.1.12-1.
> I went through the list archives and found a sed patch (so to speak)
> that replaces something in the configure script to account for the new
> compression features in the newer mysql's however this did not help me
> and I can find nothing else in the archives in reference to this error.
>
> Here is my config.log regarding the mysql_init;
>
> configure:7027: checking for mysql_init
> configure:7077: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/include/mysql
> -L/usr/lib/mysql conftest.c -lmysqlclient -lpam -ldl -lcrypt  >&5
>
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so(my_compress.o)(.text+0xbc): In function
`my_compress_alloc':
> : undefined reference to `compress'
>
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so(my_compress.o)(.text+0x13a): In function
`my_uncompress':
> : undefined reference to `uncompress'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure:7080: $? = 1
>
> configure: failed program was:
> | #line 7032 "configure"
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I think libz is needed as a library in order to get the (un)compress stuff.
The following line should be put in configure.in, probably before the "MySQL
client libraries" check.  Then run bootstrap and try to build tpop3d again.

AC_CHECK_LIB(z, compress)

I see some recent changes in CVS by dtiefnig.  New developer/maintainer to
help push a new release out?

Kevin Bonner