tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d stops listening

From: Nate
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d stops listening
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:09:19 -0800

At completely random it seems intervals tpop3d quits listening to port 110. It is still running, and pre-existing connections continue running until disconnected; however, no new connections will be answered until tpop3d is restarted.

I've tried both 1.5.3 as well as latest cvs, both have the same issue. This server is processing apx 9 new connections per second.

Reviewing the log and running in debug mode, neither produces any error output which would lead me to the cause of this issue.

My config is as follows on fedora 2.6.11-7 kernel.
./configure --enable-auth-mysql \
--with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/include/mysql \
--enable-mbox-maildir --sysconfdir=/etc \
--disable-snide-comments

Anyone experiencing this or similar behavior or have any recommended troubleshooting steps for list help?

Thanks,

- Nate