Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp and NT-Emacs with plink
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 19:39:47 +0200

Douglas Gray Stephens <address@hidden> writes:

> I have added a new method for plink, and then found that I needed to
> modify the tramp.el file to handle some of the Windows line ending
> issues.  I prefer to work with Unix line endings so have
>  (setq-default buffer-file-coding-system 'undecided-unix)
> in my .emacs.el file, and this meant that I needed to change the
> tramp-rsh-end-of-line setting to
>  (setq  tramp-rsh-end-of-line "\r\n")
> which broke some of the searches, so I then needed to edit the
> tramp.el file.

After some debugging with Rainer, I've now done a different change to
Tramp: there is a new variable tramp-password-end-of-line which is
used when sending a password to the remote end.  In all other cases,
tramp-rsh-end-of-line is used.

Does it work to use the most recent version of Tramp from CVS (on
http://savannah.gnu.org/, not Sourceforge!) with plink under
Windows?  You may wish to leave tramp-rsh-end-of-line at the default
value of "\n", but change tramp-password-end-of-line to "\r\n".

kai