copy-file problems

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: copy-file problems
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:49:48 +0900

Hi,

I am a new user of Tramp, using the following configuration:

(eval-after-load "tramp"
  '(setcdr (assq 'tramp-rcp-program
                 (cdr (assoc "ssh" tramp-methods)))
           '("scp")))

I found some problems on copying files between a local host and
a remote host when the auto-compression-mode is turned on.

1. When copying local:file.gz to remote:file.gz, the later is
compressed by gzip once again.

2. When copying local:file.gz to remote:file.bz2, the later is
not uncompressed by gzip but compressed by bzip2.

3. When copying local:file.gz to remote:file, the later is not
uncompressed.

4. When renaming a file, similar problems occur.

Here is a new design for the tramp-do-copy-or-rename-via-buffer
function:

Regards,
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>