Re: tramp (2.0.35); login not recognized

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.35); login not recognized
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:16:26 +0200

Sven Utcke <address@hidden> writes:

> No problem here.  In fact, why not simply set the prompt to
>
> ^.*[#%>] *$
>
> This would match anything which your prompt would catch, plus some
> more --- is the some more a problem I'm not seeing?

Well, you also have to be careful not to match too much.  Especially
the motd is wont to cause problems here.

If there is some regularity to the kinds of prompts your users use,
then you can just set the prompt pattern to something good for those
prompts, and everyone will be happy.

I used the value I use because the same value has been used for many
years by shell-mode.  (Nowadays, shell-mode uses a different method
for recognizing the prompt.)
--
~/.signature