Re: tramp 2.0.35 fails to open file within a remote CVS-Tree

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp 2.0.35 fails to open file within a remote CVS-Tree
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:15:56 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> A ssh-agent is running with my passphrase.
> .bashrc is in a remote machine "blade" out of any CVS-Tree
>
> I open my .bashrc with tramp. Successful.
> I save changes with tramp. Successful.
> No Problems with tramp
>
> /export/plattform/vera/B000/nfs/brokerage/configure is also in "blade"
> but within a CVS-Tree
>
> I try to open
> /address@hidden:/export/plattform/vera/B000/nfs/brokerage/configure. It fails
> the first time.
> I try a second time to open
> /address@hidden:/export/plattform/vera/B000/nfs/brokerage/configure.
> Successful.
> I try to save some changes in .../configure. It fails, It does not matters
> how many time I try it.

Thanks for the report.  I believe the following change, which is part
of Tramp 2.0.36, fixes this problem.

Does it?

2003-07-03  Kai Großjohann  <address@hidden>

        * tramp.el (tramp-handle-insert-file-contents): Do not
        unconditionally inhibit the file operation file-local-copy, only
        do that when the inhibit-file-name-operation is currently
        insert-file-contents.  This fixes finding remote CVS-controlled
        files.  (It would barf on inserting the CVS/Entries file
        literally, because the file-local-copy handler wasn't called.)
        (tramp-handle-shell-command): Support optional third arg
        ERROR-BUFFER.

        * tramp-vc.el (vc-workfile-unchanged-p): Add comment.

--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.