Re: Tramp and non-bash shells

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp and non-bash shells
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:30:29 +0100

address@hidden (Björn Lindström) writes:

> It seems that Tramp assumes that unset will always return 0. Of the
> shells I've been testing, that is however only the case with bash.
>
> With for instance zsh, which is the shell I am using, Tramp will fail
> because 'unset correct' fails in the ssh session it has opened.
>
> How do I work around this, without having to change my login shell to bash?

Have I already answered?  I'm not sure anymore.

In any case, Tramp just sends "unset autocorrect" to the remote end
and then waits for the next shell prompt.  As long as zsh sends a
shell prompt after this command, all should be fine.

What happens when you send "unset autocorrect" to a zsh?

Can you send a *tramp/foo* and a *debug tramp/foo* buffer illustrating
the problem?

Kai