Re: config error

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: config error
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:04:20 -0500

    Ytsen> I signed up for this mailinglist a week ago and have already 3
    Ytsen> spam messages! I'm bailing out, goodbye.

Heavens to Murgatroid!  Three spams in a week!  Whatever will we do?  Use a
spam filter perhaps (see sig)?

On a less facetious note, although it would be nice if mailing list managers
implemented spam filtering, most don't, and that's not their primary
purpose.  Essentially everybody who manages any open source mailing lists is
doing it in their spare time.  If you have some spare time to devote to
solving the spam problem I'm sure your help would be appreciated by any
number of groups.  I think it is unreasonable to expect the already
overworked XEmacs folks to find time to add spam filtering to their mailing
list admin duties though.

--
Skip Montanaro
Got spam? http://www.spambayes.org/