Re: Tramp on Windows XP

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:27:52 +0200

Joel Gwynn <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm.  eshell certainly does hang.  All I get is this message:
> Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
>
> What's that all about?

I've done some tests weeks ago. AFAICS, Emacs and processes from
Cygwin don't cooperate due to terminal settings I don't
understand. Working combinations are Emacs-provided-by-Cygwin and
Cygwin processes like OpenSSH, or Emacs outside Cygwin and non-Cygwin
processes like PuTTY. This behaviour seems to be new for a year or so,
because it wasn't a problem before.

See also <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.windows/2721).

Likely it should be mentioned in the Tramp documentation, as Kai wrote.