Different routes to same host with proxies?

From: Wagemans, Peter
Subject: Different routes to same host with proxies?
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:16:19 +0200

After looking at the documentation for tramp 2.1.6 I have a question
about proxies versus multi-hop methods.

The route to a given host may depend on where you are attached to the
network (e.g., with a laptop). With the old multi-hop methods you
simply tell tramp how to reach the destination server. I wonder how to
set up proxies to realise different routes to the same host, since
from the documentation it looks as if the route is derived from the
destination only.

Regards,

Peter Wagemans