Re: Tramp Error

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp Error
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:44:24 +0100

Zhihong Zhang <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is the output,
>
> $ /bin/sh
> test -e /
> echo tramp_exit_status $?
> test -e /\ this\ file\ does\ not\ exist\
> echo tramp_exit_status $?
> test -e /export/home/zhang/cvswork/
> echo tramp_exit_status $?
> $ test: argument expected
> $ tramp_exit_status 1
> $ test: argument expected
> $ tramp_exit_status 1
> $ test: argument expected
> $ tramp_exit_status 1
>
> How do you explain that it works for a while then starts giving this error?

With these tests, Tramp shouldn't decide to apply "test -e". Hmm, in
your debug buffer it wasn't visible how Tramp did decide, it has taken
the command string from its persistency file. So we need to urge this
decision again.

Could you, please

- stop emacs
- remove ~/.emacs.d/tramp
- start emacs
- connect to the solaris machine
- show the resulting debug buffer (tramp-verbose set to 6 shall be sufficient)