Re: tramp 2.1.11 completion list force refresh

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: tramp 2.1.11 completion list force refresh
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:38:13 +0100

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 05:27:56PM +0100, Michael Albinus wrote:

> Tramp can only do some actions inside file-name-all-completions, which
> is called by all these packages. The following patch flushes the
> directory cache, if the last file name completion happened more than
> 10" before. This shall be sufficient, I hope.

Checking file-name-all-completions is quite a cool idea.  Just for
completeness' sake, let me propose an opposite approach: If
file-name-all-completions is invoked again with the same arguments very
quickly, then reload the cache.

Of course, this could fail when programs invoke it multiple times with
the same arguments.  I have no idea whether this happens or not.

But if that does not happen, then I guess it would do the "hit TAB a few
times to refresh the cache" trick.

What do people think?

Kai