Tramp 2.0.57 (was: tramp-2.0.56 tarball contains truncated configure fil

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Tramp 2.0.57 (was: tramp-2.0.56 tarball contains truncated configure file
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:26:04 +0100

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

>> Very likely there won't be a separate Tramp 2.0.57, because
>> Tramp 2.1 has been declared as stable now (see announcement of
>> Tramp 2.1.10). And this, the last released version, seems to be OK.
>
> Hi again,
> I just discovered the following ChangeLog entry in your CVS:
>
>    2008-02-02  Michael Albinus  <address@hidden>
>
>           Version 2.0.57 released.
>
> However, I cannot find a tarball for this release. Does it exist?

Yes, on my laptop :-)

I've done a 2.0.57 baseline in order to determine what's part of Emacs
22.2 (pretest has started). Likely I will even put the tarball on
ftp.gnu.org, once Emacs 22.2 is shipped. But I won't announce it;
Tramp 2.1 is the main line. And I do not recommend to distribute Tramp
2.0.57 by Gentoo.

The tarball will be a courtesy release for people who still need Tramp
2.0, like the XEmacs users, who don't get a recent Tramp from XEmacs'
package system since Tramp has moved to GPLv3.