Re: Wrong type argument: eventp, nil

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Wrong type argument: eventp, nil
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:47:55 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> I get the same result when running with -nw.  I am using Tramp v. 2.0.55
> in XEmacs 21.5.28 on Solaris.  According to the XEmacs package manager I
> have 1.37 installed but the latest version available from XEmacs is
> 1.16.  From looking at the downloads area it seems that 2.1.17 is the
> latest version.  Given that 2.0.55 is so old should I simply upgrade?
> Any idea what the stack trace is about?  It doesn't actually mention
> tramp.

Tramp 2.0 is out of maintenance, indeed. So please try Tramp 2.1.17.
Once XEmacs has moved to GPLv3, I plan to upgrade Tramp to its 2.1
stream in the XEmacs package repository.

Note that some XEmacs compatibility issues have been reported recently,
so it might be even better to use Tramp from its CVS repository.