Re: Weird behaviour when entering the filename

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Weird behaviour when entering the filename
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:01:54 +0100

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Francis Moreau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Francis Moreau <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hello
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Well if Tramp could figure out if '--color' is supported (that doesn't
>>> sound impossible), it would be better to let it sort this and let the
>>> user alone.
>>
>> Yes, but as last resort. The more Tramp checks during initialization,
>> the slower it is.
>>
>> Have you tried the commands I have sent to you the other mail?
>>

> Do you mean 'ls -al' with and without exporting LS_COLORS ? If so yes
> and as I wrote there was no difference.
>
> I'll check tomorrow what busybox is doing about LS_COLORS.

Ok busybox (1.4.2) supports LS_COLORS, but it should be set to "none"
value. I tried this on my host and setting this env variable to "none"
just make ls(1) complains. I don't know the details about the possible
settings but it seems that their values depends on the ls(1) versions.

BTW, what does 'co' value mean ?

Thanks
--
Francis