Re: Some operations fail in XEmacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Some operations fail in XEmacs
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:53:36 +0100

"Pete Forman" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I still have these problems with some remote operations on tramp 2.1.18,
> XEmacs 21.5b29, native on XP SP3.

The major target of Tramp 2.1.18 was synchronization with the upcoming
GNU Emacs 23.2. I haven't performed too much XEmacs tests.

> The remote operations all work on tramp 2.1.16, with the patch for
> tramp-handle-dired-uncache.  That version is okay for my usage but it
> would be good to fix 2.1.17/18.  Any more hints for where to look?
> There were many changes from .16 to .17.

I'll have a look on it, but it won't be before mid of April. I'll be off
for 3 weeks, starting on Saturday.

However, the more clean solution would be if XEmacs could take over
remote process functions, introduced with GNU Emacs 22 and 23.
Hopefully, switch over to GPLv3 in XEmacs give us a chance for that.