tramp + ffap = ?

From: Gary .
Subject: tramp + ffap = ?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:04:01 +0200

Do tramp and ffap still have problems working together? I found
some old posts on the list to this effect, but they were from
2005 or so. What I'm seeing is that if I open a remote file
containing file paths/names, and try C-x C-f emacs tries to open
the files on the local system rather than the remote one (even I
can work out that the files are on the remote system, and I
sometimes think emacs is much smarter than I am).