Re: problem of `tramp-handle-file-local-copy' and inline transfer compre

From: Toru TSUNEYOSHI
Subject: Re: problem of `tramp-handle-file-local-copy' and inline transfer compressing
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 12:19:42 +0900 (JST)

> Hi Toru san,

Hi, Michael san.

> Yes, both changes are good, thanks for fixing. I've committed the final
> patch to both Tramp and Emacs repositories.

You are welcome. Your work is great, I think.
I downloaded, checked and tried again. There are no problems at the moment.

> I have also applied a small change: tramp-inline-compress-start-size can
> also be nil, which disables compression at all. This might be useful
> when your local machine runs MS Windows, for example.

The change is good.

Now, the following popped into my mind...
Strictly speaking, `float' should be added as type of variable about
file size (if larger than `most-positive-fixnum'). However, in the case
of inline transfer, `float' may is nonsense.

And I tried to regulate the value of `tramp-copy-size-limit'.
As a result, the appropriate value is from 300k to 400k, except for
compressed files.
(I think that current default value of `tramp-copy-size-limit' is proper
in case of inline transfer without compressing, so there are no needs to
change the value.)

> Thanks for your contribution, and best regards, Michael.

Thanks a lot, Michael san.