Problem with ssh filenames/directories completion

From: Yves BLUSSEAU
Subject: Problem with ssh filenames/directories completion
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:08:28 +0100

Hi,

i'm using tramp 2.2.0 on xemacs and i have internal error when using ssh filename completion on some of my servers: If i look at the buffer "*tramp/ssh address@hidden" after the error i see the list of the filenames/directories of my remote server. But after each line i have a blank line. So the function tramp-sh-handle-file-name-all-completions cannot see the last 'ok' (because the last line is an empty one) and report an internal error.

Example of content of the tramp buffer:
***********
postfix/

mailname

python2.4/

../

updatedb.conf

debian_version

motd.tail

./

motd

bash_completion

crontab

mime.types

ok

i don't know where the blank line came from. It's not from the perl script 'tramp-perl-file-name-all-completions' because if i execute it manually on the server it works like a charm without bank lines.

To fix this problem temporary i made the patch in attachment.

Best Regards