Re: Unable to open or save remote files using Tramp.

From: Santosh Navale
Subject: Re: Unable to open or save remote files using Tramp.
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:38:30 -0500

Hi Michael,

I had a look in that place but I found only byte executable files. As tramp has come as a built-in, I am guessing I am missing the source code. Can I can download the tramp.el and ask emacs to use this downloaded tramp instead of the builtin. Is this possible. Could you tell me how to achieve this.

Thanks
Santosh

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
Santosh Navale <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Santosh,

> Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it and let you know.
> I have a question, it might sound stupid. How do I edit tramp.el.
> Where do I find the file. The tramp I use is inbuilt into Emacs. So if
> you could tell me how to make these changes I will start.

"M-x locate-library RET tramp RET" will show you tramp.elc. tramp.el
shall be in the same directory.