Re: copy file to an ftp server with email as login

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: copy file to an ftp server with email as login
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:52:31 +0100

Hi Michael,

> Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Thierry,
>
>> I want to copy a file to an ftp server with my mail address as login,
>> any hints to achieve this?
>>
>> e.g
>> my_file => address@hidden@ftp_server.fr
>
> I believe it is is possible to use an "@" in your user name, like (untested)
>
> (copy-file ".../my_file" "/ftp:address@hidden@ftp_server.fr:/...")
>
> If it doesn't work, you could add an appropriate entry into ~/.netrc.
Thanks for suggestions, but both fail with:

(ftp-error Opening output file FTP Error: "553 Nom de fichier interdit :
" /ftp:dl.free.fr:/)

Normally it is working like this:
You copy a file to this ftp server with your mail address as login and
they send you back by mail an http link to the uploaded file.

It is working fine however with other ftp client (yafc).

--
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: