Re: Tramp mosh method

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp mosh method
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:14:19 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ted,

>>> I've asked on <address@hidden>, whether mosh could be extended to
>>> our needs.
>
> Keith replied with a "no."  So it's our burden.
>
> What can we do?  Could the escape sequence be filtered out?

Maybe using term-mode or comint-mode (which filters ansi colors) in the
connection buffer. I haven't started yet an implementation, but it could
also fix some problems we have with colorized prompts and alike on the
remote side, which are reported on the tramp-devel list from time to time.

Would you like to work on this?