Re: Tramp mosh method

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Tramp mosh method
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 06:21:08 -0500

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 12:01:58 +0100 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

MA> I believe, we could also learn from `term-emulate-terminal' of term.el,
MA> how to handle ANSI escape sequences proper.

The biggest problem I found when attempting this is that when data
scrolls off the screen, it's gone.  And `mosh' does not support
throttling or a raw TTY.  Ugh.

I considered either patching mosh or forking it, but considering issue
41 targets the next release, I'd rather wait:

https://github.com/keithw/mosh/issues/41#issuecomment-13485639

It seems to be a pretty popular issue and has been assigned the mosh 1.3
milestone.  There are many other features that could use this support.
If you vote for it, that could raise its visibility further...

Ted