Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink

From: MM
Subject: Re: tramp 2.26 emacs 24.3 plink
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:59:23 +0100

On 12 September 2014 13:53, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> MM <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I was talking about the next step, actually opening the remote file
>
> I was talking about this as well. There shouldn't be any ftp in the way.
>
> Please try with a fresh emacs.
>
> Best regards, Michael.

I apologize if I don't understand, and thanks for your patience.
I uncommented the myplink defaul method. I will post my entire .emacs
at the end of this email.
I realized the prompt I get from the gateway is not just   'Host:'as I
mentioned before, it is actuall:

             Using username "user".
             Last login: Fri Sep 12 09:47:46 2014 from <ipaddress>
             Host:<right after the colon, the terminal is prompting me
for a hostname>

This is when I run  the plink client as so from cmd.exe:
       plink  -l user -pw mypassword -ssh gateway
which is the exact command line of the subprocess emacs launched.

C-x C-f /host:filename

gives :
Tramp: Opening connection for host using myplink...
Tramp: Sending command `plink -l user pw mypasswd ssh gateway && exit || exit'
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell [2 times]

which launches the plink subprocess, and then it hangs.

I assume the regexp-quote would have to change somehow.
What about the default-proxies-alist?

Here is my entire .emacs: (emacs correctly runs it)

(require 'tramp)
(require 'tramp-sh)

(add-to-list 'tramp-methods
  '("myplink"
    (tramp-login-program        "plink")
    (tramp-login-args           (("-l" "%u") ("-pw" "mypasswd")
("-ssh") ("%h")))
    (tramp-remote-shell         "/bin/bash")
    (tramp-remote-shell-args    ("-c"))
   ))

(setq tramp-default-method "myplink")
 (setq tramp-password-end-of-line "\r\n")
(add-to-list 'tramp-default-proxies-alist
  '("host" nil "/myplink:address@hidden:"))

(defconst my-tramp-prompt-regexp
  (concat (regexp-quote "Host:") "\\s-*")
  "Regular expression matching my login prompt question.")

(defun my-tramp-action (proc vec)
  "Enter the host name in order to give a correct answer."
  (save-window-excursion
    (with-current-buffer (tramp-get-connection-buffer vec)
      (tramp-message vec 6 "\n%s" (buffer-string))
      (tramp-send-string vec "gateway"))))

(eval-after-load "tramp-sh"
 '(add-to-list 'tramp-actions-before-shell
              '(my-tramp-prompt-regexp my-tramp-action)))