Re: tramp hangs decoding local file (cygwin, emacs-w32)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp hangs decoding local file (cygwin, emacs-w32)
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 22:18:54 +0200

delskorch <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> My baseline, working setup is:
> cygwin 1.7.35-1
> emacs 24.4.1, tramp 2.2.9-24.4
> plink 0.64

Unfortunately, I cannot test this config. I don't use MS Windows machines.

> Your 2.2.12-pre expected tests are passing on all my Cygwin setups. But the
> timeout code does not unstick the hanging process on cygwin 2.0.2-1.

A very recent patch to Tramp 2.2.12-pre adds more traces in case you
cancel Tramp with C-g. Maybe you could pull it, and run your test with
tramp-verbose 10. There is a minor chance we get more information.

> Thanks for looking at this from the tramp side. Sorry I wasn't more thorough
> isolating the problem.

No problem, it's my daily fun to understand what Tramp users are doing :-)