Re: error found with latest (2.2.12) version on non Linux hosts

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: error found with latest (2.2.12) version on non Linux hosts
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:19:14 +0200

Gilles Pion <address@hidden> writes:

>> And I don't see a simple way to avoid this problem. "/bin/sh -l ..." is
>> called only, when you have `tramp-own-remote-path' in
>> `tramp-remote-path'. Tramp must perform a shell login, in order to
>> determine your private $PATH settings. I can only change the code in
>> order to raise an error when "/bin/sh -l ..." fires a non-zero return
>> code.
>
> I think it could be a acceptable workaround.

Well, finally I made it configurable. I've committed a patch to the
Tramp repository, which allows you to overwrite parameters in
tramp-methods. Something like this:

(add-to-list 'tramp-connection-properties
             (list (regexp-quote "/ssh:address@hidden:")
                   "remote-shell" "/bin/ksh"))
(add-to-list 'tramp-connection-properties
             (list (regexp-quote "/ssh:address@hidden:")
                   "remote-shell-login" '("-")))

This might be useful for other parameters in tramp-methods as well, an
issue raised often on this list.