Tramp on Windows connects to Linux but not to OSX

From: Schönes Wetter Schönes Gefühl
Subject: Tramp on Windows connects to Linux but not to OSX
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 10:14:58 +0000

Using Emacs-25.2.1 on Windows XP and 7, I try to connect to my Mac mini (OSX 10.7.4 Lion and 10.5.8 Leopard) using Tramp & plink method. After I enter the password, it hangs on with the "Found remote shell prompt..." message. The shell on OSX is plain old bash with no fancy decoration and the sshd is the default one at /usr/sbin. In both Macs, in addition to the default Terminal.app iTerm2 Terminal app is installed. If I try to connect to OSX using solely the plink on the CMD or MSYS shell, it connects flawlessly.

Using the same Windows XP and 7 machine, if I try to connect to my Raspberry Pi (Rasppian OS) using TRAMP and the plink method, it connects flawlessly.

In short, Tramp on Windows connects to Linux but not to OSX. The debug tramp/ssh logs can be downloaded from their respective links below. How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wol8rzgiu75n159/TRAMP-done-verbose-6.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/el6ro64hdlfztat/TRAMP-fail-verbose-6.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s950ihnunkdb9da/TRAMP-done-verbose-10.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/egvz6f05ftgegje/TRAMP-fail-verbose-10.txt?dl=0