Re: Bug with saving files on tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Bug with saving files on tramp
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 16:12:51 +0200

Armaan Sood <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Armaan,

[sorry for the late reply, too much trouble @work]

> I describe the issue in some greater detail on here:
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/40898/tramp-stalls-when-saving-a-remote-file
>
> I'm running emacs on Xming from the Linux for Windows terminal, but I
> don't think this affects the bug. Running in -Q mode doesn't fix it
> either.

As said in the discussion on sx, pls enable traces. Set tramp-verbose to
6 for the beginning, if this doesn't help we'll need 10. Set also
debug-on-error and debug-on-quit, both to t.

When Emacs/Tramp is stalled, try to get back control by hitting C-g
several times. If this doesn't help, send an interrupt to the Emacs
process, usually sigusr2 (see debug-on-event). This shall produce a backtrace.