Re: sftp access method fails on Emacs master

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: sftp access method fails on Emacs master
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 13:13:55 +0200

Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Steve,

> That works :-) Thanks!

Great, I'll push the patch to the repositories.

> (Are you saying the problem was due to an
> insufficieny in "gio info"?  Would a bug report there be appropriate?)

Likely not. Sometimes it would be desirable to get more information, but
I don't know whom to blame. I guess the Gnome folks do at their best,
but likely they cannot get all information from the remote side.

You'll see that they try, but ... test the following commands from the
shell:

gio info sftp://address@hidden

In the answer you get information like access::can-read and the like. On
the contrary,

gio info sftp://address@hidden/b/bermasbp/

misses that information.

(This requires that the location is mounted already, but this is
performed by Tramp already)