traverso-devel

[Traverso-devel] git

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] git
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:58:33 +0200

Hi devs,

Ingmar has been so kind to setup git for us, and my intend is to use it from
now on.
Thanks a lot for the effort Ingmar!

The intend is to have the master branch as clean as possible, and push only
fixes and small feature enhancements into that. New feature development or
intrusive changes can be done on local branches, until it is considered mature
enough, and be pushed to either the master branch, or push your local branch
to savannah git directly so others can follow your development from there, and
make suggestions, test it etc, then it can be pushed to master from there, and
removed.

This way it should be possible to have the master branch in a state where it
should be easily releasable.

If you have questions how to use git, ask Ingmar ;-)

I suggest using QtCreator for development, it has integrated git support, and
it's a fast, clean editor with very nice code completion support as well as
integrated Qt documentation!

Take care,

Remon