traverso-devel

[Traverso-devel] curious about trackstart units

From: plutek-infinity
Subject: [Traverso-devel] curious about trackstart units
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:05:54 -0500

howdy all!

i'm just looking into ways to import a bunch of timestamped files into
traverso, and noticed a few things:

1. the clip properties dialog only goes to three decimal places for the
trackstart time
2. the project file uses samples X 640 for the trackstart time
3. if i set a trackstart time in the dialog, with three zeroes in the decimal
places (i.e. it should be even seconds), the trackstart time in the project
file is not necessarily an exact multiple of samplerate X 640

so, some questions:

1. should we have more precision available in the clip dialog, so we can set
clip times as accurately as they are represented in the project file -- or at
least with samplerate accuracy?
2. what is the significance of samplerate X 640?
3. how are project file trackstart numbers and what we see in traverso actually
related -- i.e. how is the increased precision in the project file dealt with,
and what accounts for the (apparent) slight discrepencies between what i'm
seeing in traverso and in the project file?

cheers!

--
.pltk.