traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] copy = move !YIKES!

From: hollunder
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] copy = move !YIKES!
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:20:51 +0100

Excerpts from plutek-infinity's message of 2010-03-03 16:44:45 +0100:
> greetings!
>
> well, i'll be filing a bug report about this one:
>
> apparently, copy = move
>
> when setting up a new project in traverso, if i choose to import some audio
> files and click the button labelled "Copy files to project directory", the
> files are *moved* instead of *copied*.
>
> i would say this is really not a good thing, for two reasons:
>
> 1. the button says "copy".
> 2. often we are sourcing material from a common repository of files, which
> may be used for other purposes.
>
> to see the files all disappear from their source was quite disconcerting!
>
> cheers!

Can you provide the version? For me it was broken in the latest release
and/or some git version in some other manner (segfault) but the files
stayed where they were. This bug is fixed in git and I know that I
imported the same file into ardour from their original directory after
playing with traverso and they are still there.
I can't confirm that behavior.

Cheers