traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] nice things in git

From: plutek-infinity
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] nice things in git
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:35:51 -0500

>From: Remon Sijrier <address@hidden>
>Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 23:09:50 +0100

>> nice to see the sheets all laid out in tabs!
>
>Iirc, it has been like that for a short while, but the tabs consumed a good
>deal of space. Tried again today, and it looks nice indeed, doesn't consume
>much space, and it improves usability a lot I think.

agreed!

>> and, in some very quick testing, the mouse cursor *seems* much more
>>  reliable about picking up its context properly. (re. bug 19958?) did you
>>  do some stuff which would have addressed that?
>
>Ah, good point. Yes, the input engine sometimes got into a bad state when
>using the modifier key ALT, this modifier key is both supported by traverso
>but also by Qt to open menus etc. When Qt took over 'ownership' of ALT in
>certain cases, the inputengine state got stuck, resulting in no longer
>keyboard response...

and the mouse cursor label didn't always change appropriately, but seems to do
so now.

>Will close that bug :)

cool.

>> what's the status of the numerical input? the log says "revived numerical
>>  input support", but the things we played with while in IRC don't seem to
>>  work now ([G] and [D]).
>
>[ G ] + numerical input is supposed to work still, except it's not un/redoable
>iirc.

yes, it totally works *IF* i remember to numlock first. oy... silly plutek!
and it *does* undo fine over here.

>>  does "revived" have some exotic meaning here, or
>>  is the functionality changed in some non-obvious way?
>
>yes, the revived part was this:
>
>type in some number (the number is now displayed in they system info widget,
>bottom of the screen)
>hit < S >
>
>And the Sheet with that number will be shown.
>
>The Tab-Widget solution in fact makes this nifty feature useless, but maybe
>some other use can be thought of....

right, 'cuz we have alt-number for sheets... anyways, it does work.

thanks again, remon... nice work!

cheers!

--
.pltk.