traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] Bug

From: Philipp Überbacher
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] Bug
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 00:01:28 +0200

Excerpts from Martin Herren's message of 2010-06-23 23:10:23 +0200:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Philipp Überbacher
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Remon Sijrier's message of 2010-06-23 21:46:31 +0200:
> >> Hi,

> >> I see your point. But it does work with the normal 'reply' feature here
> >> (using
> >> kmail)
>
> with gmail if i do a reply it replies only to the sender. If i do a
> reply to all it replies to the sender and puts the list in CC.
> But it's not a big deal, i have just to be aware of it when i reply to
> the list ;-)

Seems like gmail is broken by design then, and thus a PITA to use with
mailinglists. Honestly I usually even forget to check that the recipient
is correct, so it even happened to me that I replied to a single person
by accident because whatever header information is necessary for my
client to reply to the list was gone and the list was in cc. Chances are
this was another gmail accident. In the last one or two weeks I've seen
at least three separate threads on different lists about gmail issues,
which imho is incredible. So problematic and yet so popular.

> Honestly i prefere by far bottom post too. It's just that my work
> environement has crippled me by forcing me to use outlook which makes
> it less practical to bottom post.
>
> Thanks !
>
> /Martin

Ah, yes, I read that. Chances are that top posting is popular among
'normal' windows using, non-mailinglist people simply because that's
outlooks behavior. Guess normal people don't waste a thought on it.
Anyway, Remon is the boss and he says he doesn't care.

Well, good luck with your environment,
see you around.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle
Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan